Saturday, February 17, 2007

Pleasing God

Joyce Meyer, in her book Approval Addiction assets that all we need to do in order to receive God's approval is to believe in Jesus and desire to please Him. God wants us to fulfill His Will for our lives, but He knows we are imperfect. He does not expect us to behave perfectly, she says, but He does expect us to have a heart that is right.

This is a hard concept for me, personally, to grasp. I have been (and still am) a people pleaser, so it is hard for me to fathom how God will accept me just as I am as long as I have a good heart and believe in Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I completely agree with you....this is a hard concept to totally grasp b/c we care so much about what other people think. But it is definitely true, all we have to do is believe and have faith!