Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Worry

Verse: Therefore I tell you do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink: or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Mathew 25-27 NIV

Worry is something most of us struggle with daily. I know I do. We think by worrying about finances, food, our children, or our jobs that we can somehow control the outcomes of situations.

But this isn't true.

God wants us to hand over all of our worries and concerns to Him. He promises to take care of the smallest of our needs. Today, instead of worrying about the future, try praying to our Heavenly Father, asking Him to take care of your burdens.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, help me hand my troubles over to you today instead of worrying about them. May I take comfort in knowing that You have promised to take care of all my needs. Amen.

No comments: